Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Will Be Important

Should i have capitalized "be" in the title? Probably not. Oh well.

I've been working on learning how to draw - a bit manga, a bit cartoon, overall enough to get the point across - in order to illustrate this: Radon Valley

What i've discovered is that i have a toon hand. Radon Valley, though, is a more serious novel. So i've gotta get my act together.

This is what i've been able to do without a reference image so far:




It's not bad. It's not good, but it's not bad. (Plus... i think i'll avoid coloring my renditions of Radon Valley until i've had more practice...)

A little toony, strongly influenced by manga, but i think i'm on the right path.

What's difficult is... well, everything. I've noticed drawing something every day has been more helpful to me than drawing one good thing every now and then. The more comfortable i become with my hand, the more things it'll be able to do.

Is this image important now? No. Is Radon Valley making a splash yet? Of course not. Will it be important later? Definitely.

I plan to rock the world with Radon Valley. Rock. The. World. And in order to do that, it's got to be drawn. It's good in book form, but it must be visual. God be with me ._.

 - TMN

No comments:

Post a Comment